NH1 News Seeks Associate Producer - Television
Based in the brand new NH1 Media Center in Concord, NH1 is looking for an enthusiastic and engaged Associate Producer. This individual is responsible for assisting television producers in the successful production of daily newscasts.
The Associate Producer will primarily focus on the daily production of NH1’s television newscasts, but will also contribute to NH1 radio and NH1 digital news platforms and may learn/perform other television production functions.
· Works with newscast producers in the writing and production of daily scheduled newscasts.
· Assists journalists, producers and anchors in the writing and scripting of stories.
· Interacts with graphics department and technical staff.
· Assists newscast producer in control room during live broadcast and charged with communicating with remote crews prior to and during live appearances.
· Selects and edits video for newscasts.
· Makes phone calls and uses all of the news gathering resources to verify information and generate original content.
· Back-up for weekday newscast producers due to illness, vacation, or special circumstances.
· Produces late editions of weekend 10PM newscasts.
· When producing newscasts, assumes all leadership responsibilities of a newscast producer.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field.
· Minimum of 1- year experience in television (strongly preferred), radio, or digital newsroom.
· Exceptional writing and editorial skills.
· Ability to edit audio and video for television newscasts.
· Firm foundation in Journalism, Ethics, and First Amendment case law.
· Ability to adapt to high- pressure situations and last minute changes.
· Creative, curious, and the ultimate team player with a positive attitude.
· Strong control room manner – cool and calm under pressure.
· Good communicator with field crews, newsroom staff, and control room.
· Desire to become a fulltime newscast producer.
Please send resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NH1 and Binnie Media are Equal Opportunity Employers.